The Ultimate Breakfast
This anabolic breakfast may be on the unusual side, but it will work to build muscle, optimize leanness and elevate energy and mental focus in a way that a toasted bagel and a glass of OJ never could.
Okay guys, it’s time to wake up and smell the buffalo burgers. While you sleep, your body shifts into a state of catabolism, with your muscle tissue cannibalizing itself for energy and ruining potential muscle-tissue gains. Your body uses its stockpile of amino acids, which might otherwise be used to build muscle, to keep your brain, central nervous system and other organs going. Breakfast, therefore, is your first opportunity of the day to refuel.
You have three options:
- Skip Breakfast. This will extend the catabolic state and can result in your muscles being robbed further for energy.
- Eat a chocolate croissant and drink a coffee with cream and sugar. This will result in an energy crash.
- Take a scientific and strategic nutritional approach by trying what I call the “Double-Breakfast Ritual.” This will ensure your body shifts from a catabolic state to an anabolic state within the first half-hour after waking up. This third choice not only helps obliterate catabolism, but it also puts your body into an alkaline state, initiates protein synthesis, resets your neurotransmitters for the day and provides a mixture of fast-absorbing and slow-absorbing nutrients for sustained energy and mental focus.
The Double-Breakfast Ritual
Step #1: Liquid Breakfast
Part A: Within minutes of rolling out of bed, head to the kitchen to mix one scoop of Greens Powder with one liter of cold water and drink it down. Cortisol (a catabolic hormone that’s elevated in the morning) puts your body into an acidified status. Greens Powder alkalizes you and puts your body into an anabolic state.
Part B: Mix up a whey protein isolate shake. Whey is easy to digest, absorbs quickly and provides a rapid influx in blood amino acids. Use 0.2 grams per pound of bodyweight of high quality whey protein isolate (if you weigh 200 pounds: 0.2 x 200 = 40 grams of whey protein isolate).
Step #2: Meat and Nuts
While you’re absorbing your liquid nutrition, it’s time to get some solid food into your system. Eat a high-protein, high-fat and low-carbohydrate breakfast of meat and nuts, which will crank up your dopamine, a key neurotransmitter, resulting in more energy and mental drive throughout the day. The best dopamine-jacking meats are duck, pork or any game meat. As for nuts, almonds and walnuts both do the trick. This protein-charged meal fires up anabolic signaling with a whopping 50–70 grams of protein — the key building blocks for muscular development.
Some meat-and-nuts breakfast options include:
- One or two buffalo patties and a handful of macadamia nuts
- Turkey burgers and almonds
- Salmon omelet and walnuts
- Lean ground beef and Brazil nuts
- Venison and pecans
Enjoy this article?
If so, then GET MORE. Join over 15,000 subscribers who receive our newsletter filled with articles, tips, motivation and more... sent directly to your email for FREE!